You must consider a few things when choosing a tablet for your business. First, you need to under your business and what different tasks you’ll need to perform on your tablet. Any model will do if you need a tablet for general business use. However, if you need a tablet for specific tasks, such as design or accounting, you’ll need to ensure the tablet has the appropriate software installed. You’ll also need to decide how much storage you need and whether you want a Wi-Fi-only model or one that can connect to cellular networks.
Let’s look at the factors to consider when buying tablets for business.
Tablet features to look for when making your decision
- Battery life: Battery life is an essential consideration as you’ll need a tablet that can last through an entire workday. If you’re often on the go, look for a tablet with a long-lasting battery.
- Operating system: The tablets have three main OS choices: iOS, Android, and Windows. Consider which operating system you’re most familiar with and which would offer ease of use. Also, consider the apps supported. If you need specific apps for your work, ensure the tablet OS supports it. For example, if you need to use an accounting app, it may be available on Android and iOS operating systems but not on Windows.
- Display size: Tablets come in different sizes ranging from 7 to 13 inches. Consider how you’ll be using your tablet. If you need to be able to see a lot of information at once, go for a larger display. A smaller size may be more convenient if you often carry it around. A high-resolution display is essential for both business and pleasure. You’ll want to be able to see your work clearly. If you use it to showcase products to your customers bigger display size is preferable.
- Processor: A tablet’s processor determines how fast it can run apps and how smoothly it can multitask. When choosing a processor, look for one that’s powerful enough to handle the apps you need to use.
- Storage: Most tablets come with either 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of storage. If you need to store many photos, videos, or files, you’ll want at least 32GB of storage. Some tablets come with expandable storage, which means you can add more storage via an SD card.
- Connectivity: If you plan to use your tablet for work, you’ll need to ensure it has suitable connectivity options. Some tablets come with both Wi-Fi and cellular data connectivity, while others are Wi-Fi only. If you need to be able to access the internet when you’re not near a Wi-Fi hotspot, you’ll need a cellular data-enabled tablet.
Price points and where to buy tablets
Now that you know what to look for in a tablet, you need to decide how much you’re willing to spend. Table prices can range from around $100 to more than $1,000. The price will depend on your chosen brand, model, features, and storage capacity. You can purchase the tablet from nearby stores or online.
If you need a tablet for work, your best bet is to buy one specifically designed for business use. These tablets usually come with features that are perfect for work, such as security and productivity apps. However, they can be more expensive than consumer models.